On Air Personalities
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende
Host of Ibuzwa Kwabaphambili
- Director of Icamagu Heritage Institute.
- Deputy Chair: Commission on Traditional Leadership Disputes and Claims
- National Chairperson: Council of African Religion
- A consultant on all issues relating to African Culture, Spirituality and Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
- Member of the Section 6 Committee of the Commission on Gender Equality: Culture Expert
- Freelance presenter of African Traditional Religion at Umhlobo Wenenefm
- Former teacher in High Schools, South Africa
- Researcher and lecturer of Comparative Religion, African Theology, Religious Education and Feminist/Womanist Theology at the University of Cape Town.
- A former member of the Religious Broadcasting Panel of the SABC and the first presenter of African indigenous theology at Umhlobo Wenene, SABC radio station.
- Board Member: Ditsong Museums of South Africa
- Former Member of Parliament- National Assembly
- Former member of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Religion in Education, a multi-religious committee formed by former Minister of Education, Professor Kader Asmal.
- Has been part of the drafting of the National Curriculum Statement (Syllabus) on Religious Studies
- Has worked with the Departments of Correctional Services and Defence in developing guidelines towards the inclusion of African Traditional Religion in the Spiritual Care Section.
- Lecturer: Department of Religious Studies and Arabic- University of South Africa
- Part Time Commissioner: Commission for the Promotion and the Protection of the Rights of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities
- Former author of drama and short stories at the former Radio Transkei under Mr Zolisile Mapipa. Once wrote a 30 episode drama titled “Ndanditshilo” and several 30 minutes short stories.
- First representative of African Traditional Religion in the Religious Broadcasting Panel (RBP).
- Had been frequently used as an expert of African Traditional Religion by SABC both Radio and TV.
- Is still used by Trufm as an expert of ATR by both cultural and Christian programs (Rev Makubalo)
- Has produced a documentary on Inguqulo and was broadcast in April 2013
- African Religion and Culture at the Crossroads (2001)
- Searching for a Common ground: A comparative analysis between Iphehlo (African medical school) and western medical school (2004).
- African Spiritual Journey: Rites of Passage among the Xhosa Speaking of South Africa (2006)
- African Traditional Religion: An introduction for beginners (2006)
- Masombeleni. (A collection of Xhosa indigenous religious songs) (2006
- Umthonyama (2006)
- Yeda Mntana: Learning isiXhosa the easiest way. An introduction to spoken Xhosa for non-Xhosa speakers.2007
- Tears of Distress: Voices of a denied spirituality in a democratic South Africa. 2009
- Inkaba: A selection of African symbols and their significance. 2010
- Dlamini: Our collective ancestor
- UDlamini: Ukhokho Wethu sonke
- Masiphakule: Incwadi ngamasiko ethu neengxaki ezingamangenelela
- Ntengu – Ntengu Macetyana. (a book on some Clan names of AmaXhosa)
- Kwelemimoya: A guide to the funeral processes for African Traditional Religion practitioners.
- Ithongo lam (co-authored with Thandeka Sakhela). On the interpretation of dreams.
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Rev Mzukisi Faleni
Bobby Lunga Love