On Air Personalities
Bobby Lunga Love
Co-Host of Siseluthandweni
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me, better
1. Define Bobby Lunga Love to us
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
Chris Dunga, He used to be called Chris McGregor Dunga He was on Radio Xhosa and Radio Ceskei. What impressed me about him is that he could talk to an urban youth and at the same time talk to rural youth. He managed to close the gap between those two worlds. He also had traces of urban radio which is probably why he ended up at Radio Ceskei. H could capture you for 3hrs full of humor, informative and highly entertaining.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
Radio is everything and remains a cornerstone of communication. It’s a key platform. It transcends time and does not change. What is inspires me every day is to be part of people who are able to give good content. I am on radio because of content. Content that will positively change their lives.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
I am already doing it. I create content for TV. So for me it’s a continuation. Doing the two things that I love and creating content on both platforms.
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
I hope they remember me as a pleasant guy who respected them, respected his work and demonstrated compassion and kindness through my voice and personality also giving them accurate content.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
1. I read the bible regularly
2. I used to write radio plays which used to play on Radio Transkei. Jet Novuka actually was a stage actor in one of the plays I wrote.
3. I can’t play soccer but I used to be a very good Soccer commentator for Radio Transkei for 5 years.
4. I used to be a boxer and a sprinter at school and I was actually pretty good at it
5. I was homeless twice….
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
I love classic music. Michael Jacksons Liberian girl is still my favourite.
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
My family. My wife and my kids in that order.
9. What are your social media handles?
@BobbyLungaLove (Insta, Facebook and Twitter)
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
Gave me an opportunity to connect with millions of people doing what I love.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this massive and successful brand mean to you?
It’s a big milestone and like everyone I feel it’s a great privilege to be part of it and the stations growth over the years.
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Leta, Mntakwenda, Libele, Swelizembe, Khwangeshe
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
14. Last but not least : give us a message for your listeners
We live in tough times. We navigate troubled waters every day. This sometimes might test our belief in Jehovah. It is in actually those times we should go on our knees and talk to him. And always remember he will always sympathize with those who are in tears. Remember if it does not work today, try again tomorrow.
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Rev Mzukisi Faleni
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende