On Air Personalities
Host of Lelika Yehova Ihlabathi
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me Nothumnzi Euginia Vuza better
1. Define Nomthunzi Euginia Vuza
Nomthunzi Vuza popularly known as Mama ka ma-Asi is a woman of God who believes in the power of prayer. I believe in the Word of God and it rules my life. I believe God answers ALL prayers and loves everyone.
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
I can never forget ‘Sis Fez’ known as Fezeka Matiyase. She used to present the religious programme called, “Oomama neLizwi” but now known as, “LelikaYehova Ihlabathi neNzaliseko Yayo. She inspired me to be a Proverbs 31 woman.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
I wake up every Thursday because I know there are listeners who are heavily burdened by their issues and they need a word from God to take all their burdens away. To me, radio is educational and it entertains. We need to allow people to be revived spiritually so that they can carry on with their lives.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
I would be a teacher as I was already teaching when I started radio. However, I am very happy I chose radio.
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
I love the Lord and I always say, “ingxaki okuyo izakudlula”. People think that problems are meant to stay permanently with us but it is not the case. Everything passes and all that we need to do, is to pray to God for strength.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
I am shy, very neat, love good things, I have 2 grandsons, Kungawo & Liqhawe and my daughter is married and I have a son-in-law that I love.
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
Cece Winans – “It Wasn’t Easy”
This song got me through difficult times, it wasn’t easy but all of it was worth it.
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
My daughter bought me a brand new Mercedes Benz
9. What are your social media handles?
I mostly on WhatsApp, but always use the station’s handles as I interact with listeners on that space.
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
I got an opportunity to interview interesting people, strangely enough, before they were well known like President Cyril Ramaphosa, Mrs Mlambo-Ngcuka, Dr Dlamini-Zuma and many more. I got an opportunity to travel the entire South Africa.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this
massive and successful brand mean to you?
I am very proud as I also celebrate 30 years with the brand. Umhlobo Wenene FM is an employer of choice.
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Tshezi, Citshane, Mkhabela, Saliwa, Tenza
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
14. Last but not least : give us a message for your listeners
There’s my favorite line in Siyakudumisa which says, “Nkosi Ndithembe wena, mandingaze ndidaniswe” I want listeners to trust the Lord in everything that they do.
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende
Rev Mzukisi Faleni
Bobby Lunga Love