On Air Personalities
I am teacher by profession, a Minister of Religion by calling, a soldier by choice.
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me Rev Nomathamsanqa Rweqana better
1. Define Rev Nomathamsanqa Rweqana
Rev Nomthamsanqa Rweqana is a woman of God, loves people and her work. I am always prepared to listen, help and give back to society.
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
Back in the day, my mother would always make us listen to the radio as it was the only source of entertainment. I grew up fond of listening to choral music and the storytelling children’s problems.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
Radio is a form of escape from my reality, it gives me an opportunity not only to reflect on what is happening around me but a chance to act by assisting wherever I can and uplift others by giving them hope.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
I would be doing the same thing and spreading my ministry, house to house, church to church and everywhere.
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
Ndifuna ukukhunjulwa njengomntu othanda abantu, onobuntu, umntu okhulele ezilalini but didn’t let that stop her from dreaming and achieving her goals.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
I love cooking, I am shy and people do not believe it, I love music, I have 2 beautiful girls and I have a dry sense of humor.
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
The Manhattans – Let’s just kiss and say goodbye.
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
A weekend away to Pezula for my 70th birthday from my kids
9. What are your social media handles?
I am not tech savvy, I can barely use my smartphone so I am not on any social media platform.
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
Umhlobo Wenene FM has given me a chance to spread my wings and do what I love doing the most, which is to help others. Kuye kuthiwe, ‘umntu ngumntu ngabantu’and abaphulaphuli boMhlobo Wenene bandenze umntu.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this
massive and successful brand mean to you?
It has been a phenomenal journey, I have been with the station for more than 15 years and I have watched it grow from strength to strength and I hold it dear to my heart.
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Ntshele, Mdlelanga, Ndokhala, Wabane, Qubulí’thuli
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
14. Last but not least : give us a message for your listeners
“Where you come from does not determne where you are going” pray, believe in yourself and follow your dreams
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende
Bobby Lunga Love
Rev Mzukisi Faleni