On Air Personalities
Host of Isikhokhelo Kwezemfundo
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me Sibongile James better
1. Define Sibongile James to us
Sibongile is my name (AKA) SBJ. SBJ is a bubbly, life loving person who has no secretes as she is an extrovert. She likes going out. I become super impressed when people remember my name when meeting in Shopping Malls, thou this would make me blush sometimes.
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
The late Zola Kaso - Majiza (AKA) Mazou. She got her own style of presenting and she lived, loved and had passion for radio.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
Radio means a lot to me. It is the means of communication which reaches the most people worldwide. It provides information about everything: education, entertainment motivation and sport. The passion and desire I have for what I’m doing keeps is the driving force behind, and keeps me going.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
I would be a business woman
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
I would like to be remembered as a hard worker, caring person who is always willing to listen and help others. I am a team player but also able to work on my own when necessary.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
My favorite colors are White, Red and Yellow.
I am a cry baby
I do NOT do jewelry and as a result my ears are not pierced
I am single and satisfied
By the way I’m a Cancerian
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
Brenda and the Big Dudes Weekend Special
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
9. What are your social media handles?
Facebook: Sibongile James
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
Umhlobo Wenene FM changed my lifestyle in the way I used to live before because people now want to own me when they see me in their gatherings. It has taught me to change the way of behaving now than before and count your words in front of the people when you are talking because to others you are their role models.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this massive and successful brand mean to you?
It means a lot to me because I never thought my name would be amongst the names of prominent On Air Personalities.
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Majola, Mangwanya, Umphankomo, Qengeba Thole-lomthwakazi
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
Dumpling & Tripe
14. Last but not least: give us a message for your listeners
I would like to wish all the listeners of Umhlobo Wenene FM all the best and those who are sick to be healed. Ndibathaaaanda! Int’wengenasiphelo
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Nokubonga Blaq Maci
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende
Thembela Booi - King Booi