On Air Personalities
Co-Host of Zibuzwa Kuthi
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me Sethu Nonganga Saliso better
1. Define Siphosethu Nonganga.
Siphosethu Nonganga is a young dedicated, goal oriented and an ambitious news anchor. I was born in Motherwell, Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape. I studied journalism at NMU.
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
There’s quite a number of people that inspired me to love radio, the likes of tata uFikile Lubisi, Patrick Dalindyebo and Putco Mafani to name a few. Besides the fact that they are iconic their style of presenting was out of this world, you could feel their connection and companionship with the listeners. They had “that thing”, the authority in their voices; they made me want to listen to radio all day every day.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
To me radio means I can reach through millions of listeners and be the source of valuable information, to those that depend on us to educate and keep them informed. It means that I can have an intimate connection with the listeners, be the voice of the voiceless and put those in power into account. What drives me to do what I do is simply love, passion and of cause the positive feedback I get from the listeners.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
If I was not on radio I would be a psychologist. Since my childhood years I have always been fascinated to know and understand how the mind works. I love helping and working with people so psychology would give me that platform, to help people overcome whatever obstacles that are hindering them to reach their greatest heights.
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
I would like people to remember me for my hard work, the love and passion I have for my craft.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
*** I am a spiritual person, I believe in the power of universe.
*** I am a perfectionist everything I touch I want it to become gold.
*** I have immense love for children
*** I detest mice and cats
***I love my space and I am a very private person.
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
Greatest love of all by Whitney Houston
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
My daughter, she brings so much joy in my life.
9. What are your social media handles?
Facebook: Siphosethu Nonganga
Instagram: Siphosethu Nonganga
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
uMhlobo Wenene has played a huge role in my life, it has given me an opportunity and platform to fulfill my ambitions to be on radio. uMhlobo Wenene introduced me to the world of broadcast journalism and has developed me as a presenter immensely.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this massive and successful brand mean to you?
Being part of this massive brand and working with such experienced and well established presenters/colleagues means that dreams do come true and that nothing is impossible. A few years ago being part of this successful brand was only a dream but today I am here to celebrate its 60th birthday, I am part of it.
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Mamsukwini, Lawu Dibashe, Lubisi, Sondlalangca
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
14. Last but not least : give us a message for your listeners
Never let anyone dim your light, keep shining. With the right attitude, faith and a burning desire, you can achieve anything not even the sky is the limit.
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Bobby Lunga Love
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende
Rev Mzukisi Faleni