On Air Personalities
Co-Host of Masigoduke
As we are celebrating 60 years of Umhlobo Wenene FM get to know me Zizo Tshwete better
1. Define Zizo Tshwete to us
I love connecting with people - in different ways. I am rooted in my faith. I am interested in the world and it’s people.
2. Who inspired you to love radio and why?
I grew up having great respect for KCI. Working with him remains one of my highlights. He created so many radio moments that connect me with my family - in particular my Grandmothers.
3. What does radio mean to you and what drives you to do what you do?
We have the great priviledge of engaging with our audiences as they navigate their daily lives. Responsible Radio allows you the platform to guide people in different ways to finding ways to make their lives better. I respect that so much.
4. If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
I have maintained my business interests while being able to work on radio which I am grateful to be able to do. If I had to do something else full time it would probably be focused on self/personal development seminars.
5. What would you like people to remember about you?
I interact with people honestly and respectfully. I hope to always be remembered that way.
6. State 5 facts that we don’t know about you
- I read a lot. I am a part of Book Club.
- I am the friend everyone comes to for prayers.
- I prefer porridge to cereal.
- I am not a great dancer.
- My favourite colour is blue.
7. What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
So many! I still love Aretha Franklin - Wonderful.
8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
A new car.
9. What are your social media handles?
Zizo Tshwete on Facebook( I have recently had to start a new one. The old one unfortunately got hacked.) @zizotshwete on Instagram
10. What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
I grow more every day in the knowledge of my language and culture. It’s important to me as a young Mom. I want to have a lot to teach our son.
11. Umhlobo Wenene FM turns 60 years this year: what does being part of this massive and successful brand mean to you?
I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to be on a team that has always had our communities as it’s focus. I love our listeners, the lessons we learn together through the platform or Umhlobo WeneneFM. This is definitely a time in my life that I will never forget!
12. Give us 5 of your clan name?
Mabhlangwe, nqari, ntshikitsha, mnyamana, bhekizulu.
13. What is your favourite traditional meal?
14. Last but not least: give us a message for your listeners
Thank you for your genuine love and support. We look forward to growing with you.
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Rev Mzukisi Faleni
Bobby Lunga Love