On Air Personalities
Host of Iqonga Labatsha
- Define Samora Mangesi to us (example)
Samora Mangesi is a child of Nkelekethe in Centane who calls East London home. A young man who loves his family and friends with a robust exterior but extremely sensitive deep down. A lover and a peacemaker.
- What role has Umhlobo Wenene FM played in your life?
Umhlobo Wenene has always been the sound of home. To me it has always symbolized togetherness and reminds me of times with my grandparents before they passed away when my very big family would be together in the rural areas without electricity. It was not only a great source of information but entertainment alike.
- Who inspires you and why?
I’m inspired by the everyday person. The people who continue to get up and fight another day even when life seems like it is not worth living especially in the current social and economic climate.
- What does radio mean to you?
Radio to me is not only a job but definitely a passion, a challenge and a great reward. To me, it means connecting with people in every corner of the country and even beyond the border.
- If you were not on radio, what would you be doing?
If I followed my childhood dreams and I would have probably ended up working as an undertaker. My late uncle worked as one for some time and I was always enamored by the beautiful hearses he got to drive. Once I found out that it doesn’t only entail driving beautiful, long cars… I set my sights firmly on entertainment and broadcasting.
- What would you like people to remember about you?
I would like people to remember how much I loved and how much I gave for the next person, sometimes to my own detriment but received great gratification from making sure that the next person is alright.
- What’s your favorite ’90s song that you still listen to?
I have quite an eclectic taste in music and I’ll skip from anything by Trompies, TKZee to Celine Dion and Toni Braxton in a heartbeat.
- State 5 facts that we don’t know about you…
- I grew up as an only child but I actually have 2 older siblings.
- I played Joseph in a nativity play in pre school.
- I grew up at 342 NU 10 in Mdantsane and lived there until I was 12
- My first cellphone was a Nokia 3410, which got water damage at the beach in Durban a month later.
- I speak to my mom every day. Sometimes even 3 times a day (not by choice. Lol)
- What is the best gift you've ever received?
- A friend of mine once reserved and paid for 12 therapy sessions and gifted them to me to use whenever I feel the need to speak to someone for my birthday. That is still by far the best gift I have ever received.
- What are your social media handles?
-Faceboook: Samora Mangesi
- Twitter: Samora_Mangesi
- Instagram: Sam_Mangesi
- TikTok: Samora_Mangesi
11. What is your clan name?
I am uMiya, uGcwanini, uSbewu
On Air Personalities
Search by typing presenter name
Mzwandile Ndile Ntshona
Dr. Nokuzola Mndende