UWFM Car Give Away Competition Rules
Terms and Conditions:
Umhlobo Wenene will be giving away one car as a prize to one lucky winner during the Phumelela isithuthi kuMhlobo #UWFM62 competition. See below for Terms and Conditions:
- The competition opens on Monday, 1 August 2022 and closes on Monday, 29 August 2022.
- You must be 18 years with a valid South African identity document and driver’s license to qualify for entry.
- To enter, SMS UWFM62 Your name and surname to 45858 for automatic entries into the competition
- Each SMS is a single entry into the competition. SMSing multiple times will give you automatic multiple entries.
- SMSes cost R1.50. Free SMS’ do not apply.
- You may enter this competition as many times as you like.
- By entering this competition, you are accepting all the rules of this competition.
- There will be seven (5) draws during the competition, 4 of which will be random weekly electronic draw during the month of August via SMS. The last or 5th draw will be done by Umhlobo Wenene Business Manager for the finale on the 31 August 2022 whereby he (Business Manager) will draw the ultimate winner from the 4 qualifying participants by means of a random name-selection draw (“from a hat”).
- The winner will take home (1) brand-new Renault Kwid my22 1.0 Zen AMT with a 2-year warranty in Moonlight Silver
- In the event of a winner being disqualified in terms of these rules, a replacement winner will be drawn.
- The competition is open to all citizens of South Africa only, who are 18 years of age or over, except for the members, shareholders, directors, employees, partners, agents and consultants (and their respective life partners, business partners and immediate families) of: The SABC; Collective Records, and the suppliers and advertising agencies of the SABC.
- All winners will be contacted telephonically once the relevant draws have been audited and confirmed.
- Winners for the weekly random draw will be contacted telephonically and expected to furnish the SABC representative calling with a copy of their valid driver’s license and identity document via email.
- Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for cash or for any other goods or services.
- The winner will collect the cars from the nearest chosen Renault in their home province and will be expected to have organized insurance products for the car before collecting or being handed the car.
- If the prize is not claimed and collected within 30 days of the pre-arranged handover date, the winner may be forfeited at the SABC’s and Collective Record’s discretion.
- Car winners must allow SABC a reasonable period to arrange for the car to be registered, licensed in their respective names and delivered. They must provide SABC with all information and original documentation required for this purpose, including an identity document, together with a driver’s license, valid in the respective country of the winner or his or her nominated driver and a valid proof of residence.
- The name of the car winner will be published on the Umhlobo Wenene’s website (www.umhlobowenene.co.za) and any platform of the SABC deemed fit for marketing purposes as well as on social media once the winner has been validated and verified. The winner’s name will also be featured in national press advertisements after the competition has ended. By accepting the prize, the winners of the UWFM62 competition agree that SABC may use their names and pictures for any future marketing material by the SABC or Umhlobo Wenene in print and digital media.
- The decisions of SABC and its judges are final and may not be challenged. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Vehicle visuals may show specifications and options not available in South Africa, Namibia or eSwatini.
- A copy of these competition rules is available on www.umhlobowenene.co.za and on selected advertising material on the station’s social media platforms.
Umhlobo Wenene FM 60th Birthday Competition Rules
The competition will start from May 2020 – June 2020.
All persons entering the competition ("Participants") and/or accepting a prize (in the event that you win a prize) agree and accept that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them and on any person with whom he/she may share a prize ("his/her partner")
1. The competition commerce from May 2020 – June 2020.
2. The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, employees, agents, service providers, consultants, spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters and associates of theSABC
3. Only one entry per person will be considered, a person can only win once.
4. Participants who do not comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
5. Participants must first like our social network pages in order to participate in the competition: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
6. Correct entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the competition. Any late entries received will not be taken into consideration.
7. Winners will only be contacted by the SABC to verify the following: name, surname, ID number, address and banking details.
8. Winners who have not submitted necessary documents after a month will forfeit the prize.
9. All winners will receive their prizes on the dates specified by the SABC.
10. Entrants must be 18 or older.
11. Winners, who are not contactable by phone, social networksand any form of communication utilised to reach winners after the closing date/time, will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn. Failure to reply within 48 hours will result in the winner forfeiting the prize.
12. Entrants may only participate during the periods stipulated by the SABC; entries submitted before or after the stipulated period will not be considered.
13. The SABC and its agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The SABC and its agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
14. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The SABC or its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
15. Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be deferred or exchanged.
16. The SABC and its agents shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s. The winners will be expected to follow the rules and regulations of the supplier organization during the experience.
17. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering.
18. The SABC and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
SMS DATA COMPETITION RULES (UWFM 60th Birthday Competition)
- The competition runs from 24th April 2020 to 30th April 2020
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of the SABC, as well as any SABC employee including agencies, UIP and/or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates.
- SMS the word Lockdown noMhlobo
- The number to enter the competition is 45858
- A premium rate of R1.50 is charged for each SMS entry. Free SMSes do not apply
- Correct entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the draw. Any late entries received will not be taken into consideration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries. You may enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- Participants that enter the competition stand a chance of winning a R200 data
- Entrants only will receive an SMS notification of the R200 data pay-out and will be contacted by the station thereafter.
- The SABC and its agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The SABC and its agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
- The SABC or its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
- Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be deferred or exchanged.
- Winners use prizes at own risk. The SABC and its agents shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering.
- The SABC and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- If random winner is drawn from a list of cellular phone numbers, the owner of the SIM card will be deemed the winner of the airtime, even though the handset may have been used by another individual to enter the competition.
UMHLOBO WENENE FM GENERAL RULES
All Umhlobo Wenene FM competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
• Umhlobo Wenene FM competitions are open to all South Africans, unless otherwise stated. Competitions are not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of Umhlobo Wenene FM, the SABC or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
• No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Umhlobo Wenene FM within three (3) months of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Umhlobo Wenene FM.
• The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Prizes other than cash are not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and are not negotiable.
• Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. Umhlobo Wenene FM, the SABC and the prize sponsors (and/or their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilizing prizes won.
• Prizes not collected/claimed within 6 months of being won will be disposed of at Umhlobo Wenene FM's discretion.
• By entering Umhlobo Wenene FM competitions, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
• Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
• Umhlobo Wenene FM may disqualify a transgressor for entry into any other Umhlobo Wenene FM competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Umhlobo Wenene FM Management.
• Umhlobo Wenene FM and the prize sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control and shall not be liable in anyway whatsoever to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
• Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on radio, television, the Internet or in printed publications.
• Umhlobo Wenene FM reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Umhlobo Wenene FM. No entrant shall have any recourse against Umhlobo Wenene FM as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
• Umhlobo Wenene FM will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion's publicity, but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
• The announcement of a winner on air or on www.umhlobowenenefm.co.za does not constitute a ruling by station management that the winner has complied with the rules above. Umhlobo Wenene FM may disqualify the entrant after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered.
• Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prizes
AMAZWI ASIXHNXE SMS TERMS & CONDITIONS RULES
Terms and Conditions click here
VODACOM "SIYAKHA" COMPETITION RULES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Vodacom “Siyakha Talk Show” Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Siyakha Talk Show” Competition (the “Competition”).
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to existing Vodacom prepaid customers residing in South Africa and who are on, and successfully registered for, the Vodacom Siyakha Price Plan during the term of the Competition, from 06h00 on 14 September 2017 to 23h59 on 16 November 2017 (the “End Date”).
- On each Thursday, for the duration of the Competition, seven (7) lucky callers (one (1) lucky caller per participating radio station) will stand a chance of winning a shopping voucher either to the value of R3500 (three thousand five hundred Rand) on ALS radio stations, or R1000 (one thousand Rand) on community radio stations. In total, there will be ten (10) winners per participating radio station during the term of the Competition, and a grand total of seventy (70) winners with a total value of R 195 000 (one hundred and ninety-five thousand Rand).
Qualifying prepaid customer will have to listen to the Siyakha talk show on the following days, times, and radio stations –
Station Contact Details
Price Value to be WON
089 860 5665
015 290 1848
089 110 1111
Umhlobo Wenene FM -
089 310 9193
3. To enter, a qualifying participant will have to -
3.1. listen to the Siyakha talk show on Thursdays, during the term of the Competition, as per the aforementioned table;
3.2. call the relevant radio station on the number as per the aforementioned table and answer one easy Siyakha question relating to the Siyakha talk show live on air;
3.3. provide contact details off air if awarded with a prize for the correct answer;
4. Participants are not allowed to enter multiple times.
5. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
6. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least 18 years or older.
7. Only entries ( via calling the radio stations ) received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The radio dj will answer the first caller and should the caller answer the question correctly, such caller will be the competition winner from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified
9. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
10. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
11. Creatrix will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically or via SMS on the contact details provided by the winner to the radio station off air.
12. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
13. Creatrix shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 4- 6 weeks after their names have been verified as winners.
14. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
15. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
16. Each winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as a qualifying entrant to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
17. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
19. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
20. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
21. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on our Vodacom digital platforms after a period of 1 week working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
22. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
23. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
24. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider, Creatrix, for the purpose of running the Competition only.
25. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
27. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party , Creatrix, for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
28. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
29. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
- Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prizes.
- The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
- Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
- In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
- If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Akuko msebenzi we 1Life Insurance Ltd (“Inkampani”) ne/okanye nabani na osebenzisana nabo okanye iinkampani ezisondelelene nabo ne/okanye ii arhente, abasebenzisana nazo okanye amalungu eentsapho zabo: namalungu abaxhasi balo naluphi na ukhuphiswano olukhankanywe kwelikhasi, ne/ okanye iinkampani ezisebenzisana nabo ne/okanye ii arhente zazo , namalungu entsapho zabo, abangangenela ukhuphiswano olwenziwa yi 1Life Insurance Ltd.
- Ukhuphiswano luqhuba ukususela nge 9 ka October ukuya nge 13 ka October 2017.
- Amabhaso angaphumelelwa yi R3 000 ezinkozo ngasuku ngalunye, ukanti ibhaso le drow yokugqibela yi R12 000 eyakutsalwa ngolwesihlanu ii 13 zika October 2017. .
- Abangenelayo kufuneka ba SMS ( e) amagama abo no “1Life funeral” ku 33014 ukuze afakwe kwi dro yeveki ezakuthi itsalwe ngo Mvulo ii 9 zika October ukuya nge 13 ka October 2017.
- Xa umnxeba wakho ubanjwe ngqo emoyeni xa ungenela ukudlalela ibhaso lemihla yonke le R3 000, phendula uthi “Changing Lives” ukuze ube nokuphumelela i R3 000 ukususela ngo Mvulo ukuya ngoLwesine. .
- Onke amangenelo angaphumelelanga kwibhaso losuku, azakuthi aye kwi dro , ezakuba ngoLwesihlanu ii (13 zika October 2017). Kwakutsalwa abemnye emnqwazini oyakuthi aphumelele i R12 000.
- Kuzakuthi kubekho amabhaso amahlanu emali, amane awo yi R3 000 eyimali ngosuku , ze kubekho ele dro yeveki lemali eyi R12 000.
- Umntu uqingqelwe ukuba angenele kanye ngosuku kwaye umntu ovela kuphumelela ibhaso elivela kwa 1Life/1Life funeral kwiinyanga ezintathu ezidlulileyo akanako ukungenela /akanakuphumelela naliphi na ibhaso.
- Abaphumeleleyo bakwaziswa ngomnxeba. Xa sithe asakukufumana abatyeli amathathu emva kokuba ukhuphiswano luvalile, ibhaso lakho lakugqithiselwa kulowo uzakube ephumelele emva kwakho.
- Abaphumeleleyo kwakuthethwa nabo emoyeni emva kokuba kuye kwaqhakamshelwana nabo ngomnxeba.
- Abavumelekanga abangaphantsi kweminyaka eyi 18 ukuba bangangenela .
- Olu khuphiswano luvuleleke kuphela kubemi bo Mzantsi Afrika . kuzakufuneka umntu aveze ubungqina bobumi bakhe , nokuba usebenzisa isazisi salapha eMzantsi Afrika esisemthethweni , ilayisenisi yokuqhuba yalapha eMzantsi Afrika, okanye incwadi yokundwendwela yalapha eMzantsi Afrika
- Ophumeleleyo uvuma ukusebenzisana nenkampani ekubeni athabathe inxaxheba nakulo naluphi na iphulo lwezopapasho olumalunga nokhuphiswano
- Iinkcukacha zophumeleleyo zisengapapashwa kwi website yenkampani .
- Amabhaso awadluliselwa, engenako nokuba abuyiselwe, okanye atshintshiswe.
- Abakwa 1Life Insurance Ltd abanakubekwa xanduva xa :
• Kuthe kwakho ukulahleka, okanye ukufika emva kwexesha, ukulibaziseka , ukungafumani miyalelo ichanekileyo, neenkcukacha ezingaphelelanga zokuthunyelwa kwembalelwano ngobuchwepheshe.
• Ukungasebenzi komnxeba, ubuxhakaxhaka bentambo, ii hardware okanye i software program, inetwork, i internet okanye ukungasebenzi ngokugqibeleleyo kwee ‘computer’.
• Iimpazamo ezithe zakho ekuhambeni konxibelelwano , nayo nayiphi na imeko ethe yenziwa ziziganeko ezingaphaya kwamandla olawulo lwe 1Life Insurance Ltd ezingahle ziphazamisane nalepromoshini okanye ziyenze ingasebenzi .
- Abakwa 1Life Insurance Ltd abasayi kuthwala uxanduva lwamangenelo angafunyenwanga , oko kusenziwa kukuba lowo ungeneleyo engagqibanga ukugcwalisa inkqubo yokungenela ebekiweyo . .
- Isigqibo sejaji simile yaye asisayi kuguquka, ukanti akusayi kubakho nxibelelwano malunga ngesigqibo esibekiweyo.
- Ukungathotyelwa okanye nazo naziphi na iinzame zokungathotyelwa kwawo nawuphi na omnye wemithetho ekhankanywe ngentla,kwakukhokelela ekubeni umntu akhiqwe kukhuphiswano